As the authoritative voice of the natural health industry, the HFMA supports the interests of its members with legislators and regulators; promotes industry best practice for product quality and safety; and provides responsible information for consumers.
- Bulletins: Frequent e-mail and postal alerts direct to your business.
- Website: Up-to-the minute password-protected Members’ Section.
- Meetings: Special Interest Group meetings for first-hand expert comment.
Education & Advice:
- Events: A regular programme of practical, educational events.
- CLEAR CHECK™: Hundreds of companies each year take specialist, and highly cost-effective, advice from HFMA’s COPY • LABELLING • EDUCATION • ADVERTISING • REGULATION (CLEAR CHECK™).
- Regular dialogue, negotiation and the building of strong relationships with:
- UK Legislators: Government, MPs
- EU Legislators: EU Commission; MEPs
- Regulators: FSA, MHRA, DoH, BERR, EFSA (European Food Safety Authority)
- Enforcement agencies: LACORS (Local Authorities Coordinators of Regulatory Services); CAP/ASA
- Initiatives: other well-considered initiatives – legal opinions, legal action, public petitions etc are used to achieve industry objectives.
- Expert Advice: HFMA Advisers, Secretariat and CLEAR CHECK™provide expert advice on a myriad of issues.
- Business Assistance: Highly cost-effective business insurance services are available exclusively to HFMA Members.
- The HFMA operates three widely-respected Codes of Practice – for Advertising; Good Manufacturing Practice; and Upper Safe Levels – as well as exclusive HFMA Product Standards (Aloe vera, Propolis).
- Advisers: renowned Political and Public Affairs, Scientific and Technical Advisers supplement the HFMA’s in-house expertise.
- PR: A specialist Agency and Expert Panel assist with national media.
- Partnerships: The HFMA has membership or partnership arrangements with the UK Herbal Forum, ESSNA (European Specialist Sports Nutrition Alliance); FPB (Forum of Private Business).
- International: The HFMA is an active member of the European Association – EHPM – and of IADSA (International Alliance of Dietary/Food Supplement Associations).