As the authoritative voice of the natural health industry, the HFMA supports the interests of its members with legislators and regulators; promotes industry best practice for product quality and safety; and provides responsible information for consumers.
COPY • LABELLING • EDUCATION • ADVERTISING • REGULATION
• Publicity, advertising and promotion are vital to the successful marketing of specialist health products - but, the regulatory framework is highly complex.
• There are detailed and specific requirements for the various different categories of specialist health product – foods, food supplements, herbal and homoeopathic products, cosmetics, etc.
• Failure to tailor labelling, advertising and promotional material to UK regulatory requirements is a certain route to market failure.
• HFMA uses self-regulation to build and maintain a successful specialist health product industry to the benefit of consumer health.
• CLEAR CHECK'S™ aim is to achieve the maximum marketing advantage for the product within the law - and in particular the maximum permissible information to the consumer.
• CLEAR CHECK™ advises on the product ranges of both HFMA members and of non-members – with members’ work attracting preferential rates.
|Administrators||Gwyneth Massey BSc (Hons) Biochemistry, MRSB, CBiol
Jenny Akers BSc (Hons) Physiology & Biochemistry
Clara Uria Beaulac BSc Physiotherapy (Assistant Code Administrator)
|Office Hours||09.00 – 17.00 Monday to Friday|
|Member||Hourly rate: £79.00 per hour + VAT (minimum invoice value £30.00 + VAT)|
|Non-Members||Hourly rate: £149.00 per hour + VAT (minimum invoice value £45.00 + VAT)|
|NB||Approvals required at very short notice may attract a £50.00 surcharge. Please contact the Administrators for further details.|
|Telephone enquiries||The first 10 minutes (5 minutes for non-members) of initial enquiries are not charged for. After that, the hourly rate applies.|
|First time users of CLEAR CHECK™||Pre-payment via pro-forma invoice|
|Work turn-around time||Whenever possible we aim to return comments within 7 working days, but this can increase during times of heavy work load or during staff holidays|